Channels and Media Lead
Job ID: R-16316Category: MarketingLocation:Abidjan, AbidjanDate posted: 06/09/2021
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
This role assumes ultimately, responsibility for the development and execution of the in-country Media strategies and will report into the West Africa Media Manager.
To this end, the over-arching output of the role relates to delivering maximum Return on Media Investment (ROMI) through consistency and impact as the trusted subject matter expert and strategic business partner for the country.
Delivering the required impact for the country and for the business will incorporate:
- Effective and efficient Media planning and investment,
- Breakthrough innovation and,
- Functional excellence with a strong balance between digital media and traditional Media expertise and competency sets.
- Driving Media Innovation with focus in digital
- Develop innovation on projects across Category
Media Management & Effectiveness:
- Develop and execute an environment – relevant Media strategy in the specified category that actively helps deliver on the country and category ambitions and objectives.
- Ensure delivery of plans and schedules for approval and implementation
- Ensure mid & post campaign review of all active campaigns
- Track agency to deliver own part of above in advance
- Ensure Channel / any other specified agencies are audited in full yearly
- Drive media costs down delivering deflation /controlling inflation
- Enforce and maintain favorable credit rating with third party suppliers
- Drive on time in full reporting within designated category and to relevant stakeholders
- Adhere to the correct reporting formats and templates used globally and regionally, and add insights and recommendations
- Represent Communication Channel Manager (CCM) in Country Category Business Team (CCBT)
- Ability to analyze the media plan and performance and make recommendations to support the business objectives
- Ensure quality input into process at all CCM relevant stages
- Present finished post campaigns for uploading into global portal
- Share best practice with CCBT teams and brand communities from time to time
- Liaise with CCM Third Parties in line with unit heads’ brief
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in media strategy
- Relevant experience Planning, media buying or marketing communications
- Degree in Marketing / Media or Equivalent.
- Understands advertising and media environment in a Francophone Africa market context (challenges & opportunities) having worked in organizations with such a focus
- Presents with intermediate-to-high level technical knowledge of Media constructs that inform media investment and / or measurement decisions (media types, media planning tools, Media data etc.) with specific focus on digital media
- Demonstratable complex project management experience (multiple stakeholders / high value / multiple categories / varying duration)
- Must show initiation / tracking / reporting / management, driving and leadership.
Online and technology skills:
- Digital knowledge is critical. Be able to demonstrate interest and sound knowledge in subject matter.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- PowerPoint: With the incorporation of graphs and tables
- Email and instant messaging; Popular Social media platforms
- Ability to work with data and translate it into meaningful insights that can further drive relevant category from a media perspective
Communication and presentation skills:
- Competent in English & French
- Mid-to-high level ability and demonstrable experience in designing and constructing written or multi-media (ppt) presentations
- Expert ability and demonstrable experience in verbally presenting complex information, arguments and proposals to peer and senior – level stakeholders to ensure desired outcomes. This includes report – writing and proposal – writing.
- Generally confident and assertive to establish and maintain required ‘trusted advisor’ status
- Able to effectively employ Persuasiveness / Firmness / Formality and other as and when required in both spoken and written communication.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter unilever.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.