UK Scholarship 2023 for BA (Hons) Economics and Arabic
The BA Economics (two subject degree) is a program that offers a combination of economics and Arabic language for students interested in pursuing a career in the field of economics with a focus on Arabic-speaking regions. This program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in economic principles while also allowing them to gain proficiency in the Arabic language. The program can take either 3 or 4 years to complete depending on the chosen subject. To learn more about the different combinations available, please visit the ‘Combinations’ tab.
The SOAS BA Arabic program offers students the opportunity to combine the study of Arabic with a wide range of other disciplines and languages. This combined program is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in both modern standard and classical Arabic, as well as conversational skills in colloquial Arabic, in addition to another subject of their choice. Intensive study of the Arabic language and literature is a mandatory component of the combined degree in Arabic. Also see : Bourse d’étude 2023 : l’Université Algoma au Canada Offre des bourses gratuites
Study in the UK : Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the UK Scholarship 2023, students must meet the following criteria:
For A level students:
- Type: A level
- Min/Max points: AAB-AAA
- Description: Applicants must have completed their A Levels. Non-native English speakers must also meet English language requirements by taking one of the accepted English language tests, such as IELTS Academic/for UKVI/Indicator with an overall score of 6.5 and 6.5 in subscores. For more information on accepted English language tests, please refer to our International Entry Requirements page.
For International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme students:
- Type: International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Min/Max points: N/A
- Description: Applicants must have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Non-native English speakers must also meet English language requirements by taking one of the accepted English language tests, such as IELTS Academic/for UKVI/Indicator with an overall score of 6.5 and 6.5 in subscores. For more information on accepted English language tests, please refer to our International Entry Requirements page.
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website of the university.
Study in the UK : Course Details at SOAS University of London
The BA Economics (two subject degree) program is designed to equip students with a solid understanding of economic principles while also allowing them to specialize in another subject or language. The program can take 3 or 4 years to complete, depending on the chosen subject. To learn more about the different subject combinations available, please visit the « Combinations » tab on the university website.
Meanwhile, the BA Arabic and… (combined degree) program at SOAS University of London provides students with the opportunity to combine the study of Arabic with a diverse range of other disciplines and languages. This program offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes the study of Modern Standard and Classical Arabic, as well as conversational skills in Colloquial Arabic. Intensive study of Arabic language and literature is a mandatory component of the program.
Employment Opportunities and Course Details
BA (Hons) Economics and Arabic graduates from SOAS University of London develop strong statistical skills, lateral thinking, a global perspective, and critical reasoning abilities. Recent graduates have secured positions in prestigious organizations such as Deloitte, NHS England, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, HSBC, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, University of Bayreuth, and HM Treasury.
For undergraduate level of study, the standard tuition fees for this course is £21,160 per year, with an additional language year abroad fee of £10,580. The course begins in September 2023 and is full-time, with a duration of 4 years.
For more information and to apply, visit the official website of the university.
Course Details and Benefits of Combined Honours in Economics at SOAS
Why pursue Combined Honours in Economics at SOAS?
- Ranked 8th in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching (Guardian League Tables 2022).
- Ranked 5th in London (Complete University Guide 2022).
- Offers the broadest portfolio of modules on economics and political economy.
- Unrivaled focus on the study of developing and emerging economies provides a more critical approach to economic theory.
- Academic staff are specialists within an unparalleled range of emerging and developing economies, and a broad spectrum of theory and policy debates.
- Theoretical concepts and debates are expertly applied to real issues within the countries of Africa, Asia and the Middle East, as well as in the global economy and interdependencies therein.
- Specialists in the delivery of languages, providing a unique opportunity to master a language from SOAS.
- Choosing to study a Combined Honours programme allows you to take advantage of the expertise of one of our other departments.
- Length of time: 3 or 4 years
- Start of Programme: September
- Attendance Mode: Full-time
- Location: Russell Square, College Buildings
- Fees: Home student fees – £9,250; Overseas student fees – £21,160. Please note that fees increase each year.
- Entry Requirements: A Levels – AAB; Contextualised offer – ABB.
Find out more information on the official website of the university. Apply now!
How to apply: Study in the UK
If you wish to apply for this UK scholarship offered by SOAS University of London, you can easily do so by clicking on the button below and following the instructions provided on the official university website.